Monday, November 30, 2009

Sometimes you need to ask the questions


How can you tell if you are giving good interview. Sometimes you wonder when they suddenly say they are looking at other people and so on.

Usually if you try to ask the interviewer what you did wrong, you will get the old “no answer” answer.

You could ask DURING the interview if there is any way you could be a better candidate, anything you might have forgotten to mention.

Probably, though, they will not say they just didn’t take to you, or you seemed desperate or pushy, or some other reason they just didn’t see you at the company.

Still, the worst thing you can do is sit there and just answer questions as they get lobbed over.

Back when I hired people, I looked for enthusiasm, interest and curiosity about the company. Enthusiasm! And don’t forget to say, “It was a pleasure to meet you, and I am interested in this job and think I would be an asset. May I ask what the next step is?"

No comments: