Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Traits, not past performance


Employment gurus Dale Dauten and J.T. O'Donnell say interviewing and hiring may be getting a little more random and goofy as time in the downturn gives hirers more choices.

Some now look for traits instead of an exact match of past skills with needed skills.

Such things as character. Some interviewers ask about it--try to get a fix on how honest the person is.

Dale said he heard of people who preferred Mormons back from their Mission abroad.

Or people from certain schools.

Veterans.

Former athletes.

People recommended by friends.

This is all sort of a crapshoot. I mean--talent hunt!

I once hired someone who said she once had lunch with Mick Jagger--she stayed for a decade. I know--I have mentioned that before. I am looping.

I would say one trait I always liked was charm.

No comments: