Monday, February 25, 2013
I am sick--but this might be of interest
Medical Devices Center Innovation Fellows 2013-2014 Team
The application deadline is Friday, April 19, 2013.
Be an Innovator!
The University of Minnesota is recruiting a cross-disciplinary team for collaborative medical device innovation. Those encouraged to apply include: postgraduate engineers, experienced physicians as well as those in their residency or fellowship training, bio-scientists, seasoned medical device professionals, business professionals, IP attorneys, medical practitioners and others with a special interest in medical device innovation. Applicants must be dedicated to improving human health and well-being. Successful candidates are self-driven and highly motivated individuals with entrepreneurial spirit and committed to working in a collaborative team setting.
The University of Minnesota Medical Devices Center Innovation Fellows Program is sponsored by the University of Minnesota Medical Devices Center, part of the Institute for Engineering in Medicine. The program already has seen much success with more than 100 invention disclosures and more than 50 patent applications filed on those inventions in the program’s first four years.
• Identifying clinical needs, inventing, and building & testing prototype solutions
• Generating 15-20 patentable disclosures on medical devices for diagnosis and treatment
• Working closely with clinicians at the University of Minnesota Academic Health Center and partnering with established medical device corporations
• Degree in Engineering, Medicine, or Biosciences. Medical or Doctorate degrees preferred
• Evidence of creativity and innovation
• One or more years of research training
• Monthly salary and health benefits provided duration of the Fellowship
• Use of first-class facilities in engineering & medicine at the University of Minnesota
• Access to top MDs, PhDs, and innovators at the University of Minnesota and local industry
How to Apply:
• Fill out and submit the online application, cover letter, and curriculum vitae for Requisition Number 183027 at the University Employment Opportunities website.
• Follow the instructions provided at the Medical Devices Center website to prepare and upload supporting/additional documents required for the application
• Contact three people to send us letters of recommendation. Read the detailed instructions for information on format, content and where your references should email letters.
The application deadline is Friday, April 19, 2013. The online application and all supporting documents must be uploaded and/or submitted by the application deadline. Candidates for the fellowship are selected on an ongoing basis. Apply now!
Please direct questions regarding this application process to email@example.com.