Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The norovirus is no ...urp, picnic

It's all the rage--sweeping the country killing people or making them wish they could be dead for a few days and then come back.

The norovirus is the one that sometimes smacks people on cruise ships--it's very contagious--even through the air.

My daughter now has it.

It started Sat with takeout food--about an hour later, huge vomiting...for 13 hrs. Keep those grocery bags handy in the john because both ends are involved.

Then the cold hands and feet, the shakes, the horrible stomach cramping. All I could do was force myself to drink Ginger Ale and water.

Three days later, this AM, I ate some crackers.

I was listening to audiotapes--and every one, it seemed, talked about food. Ugh.

But I think your correspondent is on the way back. Be patient. Going to lie down again.

If you work, please don't go to the office and hand this out. I am begging you!

No comments: