Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dinosaur meet dodo

Sue Shellenbarger, WSJ, Apr 17, 2013, talks about us, um, more seasoned people being run over by the technology train.

Are the kids who did their first website in middle school and have 5,000 Twitter followers going to push us into involuntary retirement?

I have had daily blogs for a decade and these may be obsolete. Yet, everything I see about Twitter looks to stupid to me and time-consuming (do Tweets belong on newscasts?).

Still, some execs are taking tech courses and listening to their younger hires.

One guy said he spent his career being a manager and now no one wants a manager!

Another guy said his staff called him Uncle Bob or Coach. A sign of endearment--or a message?

2 comments:

Woodlawn North said...

Good grief! I HAD one of those.......and the carpal wrist to prove it!

Star Lawrence said...

I loved the pix. By the way, don't you love the term "good grief"? I use it all the time!