Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What percent of your clothes do you wear?

I recently read a story in the WSJ, Apr 18, 2013, saying people only wear 20% of their wardrobe. I didn't feel so bad so took a bag to Goodwill.

The story, by Ray A. Smith, said people buy things they end up not loving for a number of reasons. What kind of shopper are you?

The choices are Sale Shopper--can't resist the price. Aspirational Shopper--would like to look good in the item. Emotional Shopper, buying to cope with stress.

Sometimes you never take the tags off.

Men tend to wear more of their things than women do.

I may see something on eBay or in a catalog--but I wait a few days to see if it returns to my mind over and over. If not--good!

On-line also satisfies my hunter-gatherer urge somewhat.

That's all shopping is--with shoes or tops instead of nuts and berries.

No comments: