Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Put off procrastinating


Anita Bruzzese, Gannett, writes about our pal procrastination. We have all done it. It's a universal.

Putting things off creates sadness, guilt, and fear that can actually hurt your career.

If you are procrastinating out of fear that you can't do a task perfectly--quit it. No one can do tasks perfectly.

Afraid of rejection? Well, it's part of life.

List all your fears--on paper.

If you are sad--cry. Then do the task.

Think about what the boss really wants instead of what you think would be "perfect."

When you do it, say, "Good for me!"

Probably no one else will say it for you. So what? Grow up.

I am back to screenwriting again--and this means calling bigwigs. the first thing I think of is, I don't want to. But now, I am older and actually more carefree, and I just dial.

No comments: