Thursday, January 30, 2014

Make your mark

CareerBuilder says too often in this economy, people settle for work that isn't their passion.

Steven Jobs once said don't settle.

Well, this is the era of settling.

More than 40% of college grads are overqualified for the jobs they hold.

So...think. What would you like to do now? How about long term?

Find the parts of your current job that will be useful in the dream job.

Maybe freelance at what you love...

And start a personal project. If you are a writer--do a blog. If you are a coder, do an app. Like to set up events, find a nonprofit which could use you.

Just do something! Me, I decided to have more fun, so I am screenwriting again. And loving it.

When things get to be too mundane or much, I say to myself, "I am going to a better place." No--not heaven...my script. http://pawandordermovie.blogspot.com.

No comments: