Thursday, February 27, 2014

Could you "stop" if you wanted to?

The commute, the family, the office, the coworkers, the devices, the constant contact, the....aieeee.

People get addicted to action--to doing--to speed.

Anita Bruzzese, Gannett, says thinking and going all the time is an addiction.

I have it.

I do email constantly--alerts--these blogs that pay me nada--commenting on sites.. coming up with ideas,.etc.

So, according to this, I am diseased.

Americans usually don't take all their vacay time--except for our leaders, of course. They take theirs and ours.

You need to ask for help. Sit in the quiet sometimes. The old robber barons used to call it "sitting the silence." They said ideas fell into their minds like letters in a mail slot. I have tried this--it works.

I guess this is a version of stop and smell the roses--without roses.

No comments: