Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring clean your desk

My desk was...well...pretty bad. My daughter waved her hand over some unopened Wall Street Journals and said, "What's going on here?"

So I neatened it! It was like a thousand bucks of interior decoration for the brain. I know I wrote that messy desks may mean creative mind--but this can be overdone. Plus do you always listen to me?

Anita Bruzzese, Gannett, is all about digging out. First, paperless offices. What a joke! There is more paper than ever!

And adding apps is more mental clutter.

One expert says write down everything you need to do. A brain dump.

Then divide all paper into TOSS, TO-DO, and KEEP. Be ruthless!!

You know what I do--if I find a piece of paper I forgot I had, I toss it. I would never have looked for it because I forgot I had it.

Also, sometimes I put everything on the To-Do list just so I can cross easy things off. Brush Teeth. CHECK!

No comments: