Tuesday, April 22, 2014

If you are a "Mudgie," clap your hands

What is so great about positive thinking? Half or more of the time, you are deluded--things aren't that smokin.'

You might like Charles Murray's The Curmudgeon's Guide to Getting Ahead.

Curmudgeons are not just mean, negative people--they also can be clear thinkers. Of course, this clear thinking often results ironclad opinions. For instance, "No Problem" is not the same as "You're Welcome."

This might be called being an intellectual provocateur.

But basically, crotchetyness is involved. Inward grumpiness. Insistence on precision.

I used to have a client--you would know who he is if I went into detail--who had me ghost essays that all bore the title of.."A Contrarian's View of..."

I am not sure where contrarians fit on this spectrum. But they are on there, I assure you.

No comments: