Friday, September 26, 2014

Seniors--money-making opportunities


No, I do not mean scams against seniors, though plenty of low-lifes think they are dandy marks.

I mean businesses you can get into to serve and help seniors. (I hate the word senior, do you?)

We have plenty around--8,000 Boomers a day hit 65.

How about the Merry Maid business?

Or caring for the aging? My mother was in two private care homes in AZ--accredited by the State--residents lived with the family--ate with the family--and were watched over constantly. Someone held my mother's arm every time she stood up. For this, they got north of $3000 a month.

There are also franchises devoted to older citizens. In a May 2014 report, the Franchise Business Review says the initial investment to open a care franchise is $101,000--with an income of $95,000ish.

Boomers themselves tend to open these.

Another winner can be handyman services.

Like any business, you need to do a lot of research--but the customers are there.

My only half-facetious idea is Valet Cat--cute guys in shorts who bring heavy kitty litter to your car. Now THERE is a business.

No comments: