Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Crazy excuses for being late to work

Amy McDonnell, CareerBuilder, says people have the most creative excuses for being late to work.

CareerBuilder surveyed 2,100 HR people and found some doozies.

First, 20% of workers said they were late once a month, 14% once a week.

So...the search for "reasons" is really quite necessary. Usually it's "traffic" or "the subway stopped" or "weather."

But some are a lit-tull harder to buy:

"I knocked myself out in the shower."

"I got drunk and forgot which Waffle House I parked next to."

"Someone robbed the gas station I was at and I did not have enough gas to get to another station."

"I had to wait for the judge to set my bail."

"A deer herd was slow."

I admit I used to call in "well." If I said I felt too good to come to work and got the boss before his coffee, he thought I said "bad" instead of good.

Recently someone I used to live with wrote his memoirs and noted that I did this. It was memoir-worthy!

No comments: