Thursday, March 19, 2015

Cheers across America

I should have done this on St Pat's--but forgot. St Pat's is Amateur Hour in drinking world anyway.

I like bars. I like bartenders. But now I am too laid up to hang out, so this is a fond memory.

Debra Auerbach, CareerBuilder, writes that there are 580,000 bartenders in the US. That is under two bartenders per 1000 people. So tip, people!

But--of course--in some cities it's easier to get a drink than in others.  The best places--New Orleans and Las Vegas, naturally. There are five innkeepers per 1000 in LV, 3+ in NO.

Next--Buffalo with 3 bartenders per 1000 people. Cleveland--same--three.

Milwaukee has almost three.

But then look at poor Key West--with 75K people, only 13 bartenders.

Spearfish, SD, 8 bartenders for 23K people.

Oh, this is too sad...I can't go on.

We need more bartenders!

No comments: