Tuesday, September 1, 2015

You may be a nomophobe

Where are you, my pet?
Iowa State researchers did a questionnaire to help people know if they suffer from nomophobia--fear of being without your mobile phone. (Computers in Human Behavior)

--I would feel uncomfortable with constant access to my smartphone.

--I would be annoyed if I could not look up info when I wanted to.

--Running out of battery would scare me.

--I would panic if I ran out of credits or hit my monthly data limit.

--If I could not connect to Wi-Fi, I would go looking for Wi-Fi.

What if--OMG--you did not have your phone for some unearthly reason?

--Would you feel anxious?

--Would you think your family and friends could not reach you?

--I would be anxious because I could not check email.

And my favorite...

--I would feel weird because I would not know what to do.

I always feel weird!

I am sort of kidding--I don't have a smartphone, but I am addicted to certain websites...I know the feeling. But aren't we smarter than our phones?

Maybe not, not sure.

PS--Nomophobia...does nomo--mean no more? Now THAT is weird.

No comments: