Thursday, January 28, 2016

Why oh why is technology such a pain?

On the good side, I am getting requests for my cartoon scripts, which means signing a release form--and this means needing to scan it. I had no scanner, but had to buy a printer that has one.

The carton came. This is the exact point at which I FREAK OUT.

Luckily, my daughter is not intimidated by manuals and installs (although she has no use for the internet or twitter or any Millennial doodad).

She worked five hours on getting this thing going and we still don't have the proper driver. She insists she will get it done this evening.

I swear in my paranoia that some teenagers kloodge this stuff together and then the same day, invent another version of everything which does not work with the preceding one.

Back in the day, when IBM had two systems--A & B...We had B. And we still had issues.

And don't even get me started on AOL. I have had it since it was invented. And it still does not work.

The last time I hired a "geek," he estimated two hours at $100 per and yakked with me a third hour, which he also charged for.

Sigh.

No comments: