Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Stupid employee excuses

We're going...we're going...chill.
People are often late to work (a fourth of workers say at least once a week). You'd think they would have better "excuses."

Matthew Tarpey, CareerBuilder, notes a few of the lamer attempts...

--I thought of quitting but decided not to, so I came in late.

--My car caught fire from my blow dryer.

--Detained by Homeland Security.

--Had to chase the cows back in the field.

--My lizard died during surgery and I had to decide whether to let the vet dispose of it or bring the corpse to work.

--Fresh powder--so I had to ski.

--All of my clothes were stolen.

While the "old nine to five" may be morphing into more flexible systems, you will find that most employers expect you to show up on time.

Still, the dead lizard is a heartstringer plucker.

No comments: